How to chose Projectors under 200?
1. The principles of a projector
A projector is an optical device which projects an image or other types of media that are image-based to a surface, typically made of a special material, called the projection screen. Many projecting methods have been introduced, as well as the screen materials. Some projectors are even designed to project directly to a concrete wall or any dark surface such as the ceiling.
Traditionally, a projector consists of a source of light and a lense. The source of light works in the way CRT monitors work, producing the light then shining that light through the lense to magnify it. Modern projectors adopt the technology of laser and LED light to directly project the light without the lens.
2. Projection technologies
As I stated above, there are many technologies invented to show images on the screen. Some of them are listed below:
- LCD technology: Similar to the LCD screen in a TV or a phone, a LCD projector splits a pixel of light into 3 parts, the red, the blue, and the green, Each of them is produced by a mirror, put next to each other. Lights coming from those mirrors then will be grouped together into the color needed to display. Check this one out DBPOWER L21 LCD Video Projector with Carrying Case
- LCoS technology: the LCoS works the same way as LCD, instead of shining the lights directly to the panel, LCoS reflects the light to a mirror beforehand. This is the key to producing more natural contrast and color than LCD technology.
- DLP technology: the light in DLP principle doesn’t get reflected by whole; instead, there are millions of tiny little mirrors equipped into a DLP projector which move more than one thousand times per second to switch between two states, absorbing or reflecting light. It means a tiny mirror can produce more than 1000 shades of the light being shined at it. There are two types of DLP, with 1 chip or 3 chips. The 3-chip DLP costs much more, obviously, but it produces more accurate colors much faster. Check this projector out Kodak Ultra Mini Portable Projector - HD 1080p Support LED DLP Rechargeable Pico Projecto
- LED technology: LED is a great thing when it comes to your TV or your phone. However, when LED is applied to projectors, it doesn’t do the job so well. The reason for that is the projector needs to project the light to a far distance, meaning that the LED light is not strong enough to make the sufficient brightness and high resolution. One advantage of LED projector is that due to the simplicity, its size is so small that it can even be fit in one hand or integrated into mobile devices. LED technology is likely to be the thing you see in portable projectors. This is an example Projector, [2021 Updated] Mini Projector 1080P Supported
3. The resolution of the projectors
The resolutions are increasing fast; in fact, a TV that can provide 4K viewing experience is in the affordable range right now. However, a projector requires totally different things. It has to compromise the brightness for resolution, so the maximum resolution for a projector you can find for personal use would exceed 1080p. Here are the information of the resolution:
- 480p: This resolution is old, but you can still find projectors at this resolution in public schools because public schools don’t like replacing things when they’re still working find
- 720p: This resolution is also popular in school too, because of its cheap price. The 720p is probably lower than the resolution of your laptop or your PC; hence, when plugging in to your laptop, the image wouldn’t look as nice as it does on the main screen
- 1080p: This is the best solution for a personal use projector. What I mean by “personal use”, is that the price is for everyone. It has nice-looking details, good contrast, and a competitive price. An example for that is Projector, [2021 Updated] Mini Projector 1080P Supported
- 4K or 8K: This is possible, and you have seen several of them. 4K projectors often present in cinemas and home theaters of the super rich families. It creates good-quality images, lifelike colors, but the price is just too high for average people. Unfortunately, for under $200, we couldn’t find a real 4K projector because $200 is not enough to make one.
4. The brightness
Normal projectors could be made with the brightness of 200 or 300 lumen. However, anything is possible, so, of course, you can find a projector that is brighter. Be noted, though, some fake projectors don’t say the truth about their brightness, sometimes say a random huge number. The figure wouldn’t be true if you see something like, this projector is 9999999 lumen.
5. The size of the room
Depending on the purpose of using the projector and the size of the room, there are things to consider:
- Using the projector for high school class: High school classes aren’t usually big. Therefore, that wouldn’t be necessary if you buy a large heavy projector. Instead, a medium-sized would be perfect. This should work Native 1080P Projector, Crenova 6800 Lux Home Movie Projector 4K Supported
- Using the projector for your company: You would also need a medium-sized project, but with a much better range of colors because you’re doing business. WiFi Mini Projector, 2020 Latest Update 5500L
- Using the projector for a conference / college class: A conference or a college class is often held in a large-sized room. What you need is an oversized projector that is powerful, durable, and flexible.
6. Where to put the projector
The two most popular places for your projector are:
- One, hung on the ceiling: Most projectors don’t need to move during operation, and their lives. They need to be stable to deliver the best quality, so some house builders decide to make the projectors fixed to the ceiling forever. In fact, this is the most popular position for a projector.
- Two, put it on the table: If you can’t hang the projector on the ceiling, or you don’t have to do the projecting much, you should consider putting it on a table. It might be messy though, but you can move the projector much more freely and easily during and after operation.
7. The connection to the computer
Projectors usually support standard ports instead of a variety. These standard ports include HDMI, and VGA. Sometimes, a projector has support for a DisplayPort, but there aren’t many. Should your computer not have HDMI or VGA, you’ll need to look for instructions on how to use an adapter to convert signals from your computer to the signals that the projector understands.
Best Projectors Under 100 for 2023? Best. Smart. Quality: We've Found The Top Best Projectors Under 100 For You To Compare And Choose. Our Buying Guides Help You Get The Best Products for Your Budget. See Them Now!.
Last update on 2023-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
How do I use the projector?
To use the projector, you need a screen. Some projectors include a projection screen in the box, while some don’t. If you fall into the latter case, you need to separately purchase a projection screen. To get started using the projector, follow these steps: Hang the projector on the wall or put it on the tripot Connect the projector to the wall power Connect the projector to your computer using an HDMI or a VGA cable Change the mode to projecting in your computer
How do I make it last long?
To not break your projector, take a look at these advice: Avoid using your projector for a long time, eg. 2 or 3 days, or when it’s too hot Use a stable electricity source Avoid coming in contact with water or other liquid, which might damage the projector permanently Try to clean it regularly if possible Mount the projector to the ceiling would eliminate any accidental damages caused by humans
What about the warranty?
Typically, a projector comes with a year of standard warranty. Some projector brands offer the policy of 6-month replacing and 3-year repairing. Some brands also offer you the lifetime support policy, which is great for the customers. That also means the projectors aren’t likely to break easily, which makes the brands so confident in those warranty policies
What should I do if my projector gets wet due to outside use?
If your projector gets wet, follow these instructions: Turn off the projector and disconnect it from the power source immediately Use cloth to clean any leftover water on the projector case Try to use a hair dryer to dry the projector because it can damage the circuit. Instead, let it dry naturally. Using rice to suck the water molecules out of the projector is advised
I have done everything right, why doesn’t my projector show anything?
You have probably not set your computer mode to projection mode. To do that on Windows, follow this instruction: Press the combination Windows + P to show the projecting panel Select the mode you want PC screen only: display only on the PC screen Duplicate: mirrors the PC screen to the projector screen Extend: considers two screens as two separate ones Second screen only: only shows things on the projector’s screen
Projectors have been popular for centuries due to its great application. Most people use the projectors for presentations at schools, work, or even at home. Some others enjoy watching movies at home using a projector. Professionals use projectors to test the quality of the video content in production. Therefore, the needs for projectors are increasing high. To conclude, these are our final picks for the best projectors under $200
- The best overall: WiFi Projector Bluetooth Projector, FANGOR 6500 Lumen
- The runner-up: YABER V2 WiFi Mini Projector 6000L
- The budget choice: DR. J Professional HI-04 Mini Projector
Thank you for reading my recommendations today. Keep in mind that buying a projector is a hard thing to consider, and you should walk thoroughly through the reviews and instructions before ordering your projector and getting it delivered. I hope with the guide above, you’ll be able to choose yourself the best projectors on amazon.