10548 Posts in 738 Topics- by 1138 Members - Latest Member: sposauflalf
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Belated Thank You and a Vow  (Read 8114 times)
The Bossman
Administrator
Referrals:: 3
« on: August 22, 2013, 06:03:14 PM »

*A Belated Thank You and a Vow*

Hello everyone.
I want to start off by saying thank you so very much for all the great Birthday wishes you all sent me this year, as well as all the Facebook, Twitter and website posts.
That was truly inspiring and made me feel great.
When I started in this business fifty one years ago I had no idea what to expect. I just wanted to do my work the best that I could, and hoped that people liked it.  I never really knew how you, the viewers, felt.  There were no blogs or review sites or social sites (since there was no internet) so no one really had a public forum to voice their feelings.  There were no conventions to meet and greet and hear firsthand how the public felt.
But all of that changed with the release of House of 1,000 Corpses and an entire new generation of viewers.  Through your comments on the internet and your reactions to my presence at conventions, I came to realize that what I was doing was getting through to the people who really matter ... the fans.  I can't stress this enough. You are the ones that make it all happen. You buy the tickets, the DVDs and all the crazy merchandise that we actors put out there.  I have met, and enjoyed meeting, so many of you at conventions, screenings and chance meetings on the street.
I want to take this opportunity to thank you so very much for your kindness, support and encouragement. Thanks to you all, I am doing a personal record number of conventions this year and I would like to thank you all for making this possible by giving you this vow -
I will never raise my convention prices, EVER, for any reason.  Here and now, I swear that to all of you.  
My prices are and always will be $20.00 for an item that you buy from me and $10.00 to sign an item of yours.  The day I ask you for money to take a picture with me with your own camera is the day I give you all permission to put your boots all up in my ass.  Regardless of whether or not I am scheduled for pro photo ops at an event, you will ALWAYS be able to get your free table shots, whether you purchase something or not.
This is my vow to you, the fans.  Just a small way of showing my appreciation.  
Once again, thank you so much for being there for me in so many ways.

Your fan,
Sid Haig

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: